Trusted by brands and creators like
Get Ideas for Videos. Data-Driven.
Coming up with video ideas for YouTube is always hard.
tubics gives you data-driven ideas for YouTube videos that get you views and brand awareness in your niche. Every video idea includes competitor insights, questions to cover in the video and suggested tags and keywords.
YouTube Tag Generator
tubics gives you automated tips how to properly tag your YouTube videos. Based on official search data provided by YouTube Search, Google Search, Bing and AdWords you’ll get tips on better tags so that your video gets more views.
With the help of monthly search volumes, tag analysis and optimization advice you can select the right tags for your video to get more views.
How to Properly Tag Your YouTube Video
Our free YouTube Tag generator features YouTube SEO tips regarding tags, titles, and descriptions. Our YouTube SEO tool guides you how to rank your YouTube videos on YouTube and on the first page of Google.
To get more views on YouTube in 2018 you have to include 3 types of tags: (1.) long-tail specific tags describing the content of your video in detail – ideally tags that trigger watch time, (2.) generic tags and (3.) brand or channel tags.
More views with better YouTube tags
With tubics we could improve video ROI significantly. Our videos now organically reach audiences searching on Google and YouTube.Philip HartmannSamsung
tubics YouTube SEO audit provides a complete and compact overview of the strengths and weaknesses of your YouTube appearance.Alexander ObermayrErste Group Bank AG
Tubics' interface and reports are user friendly and specific. Our favorite feature so far is how it provides you with data-driven video ideas.Deepak ShuklaPearl Lemon
Since Google has shunted its own official YouTube keyword tool in 2014 there’s a lot of guessing about finding the best tags for YouTube videos. But finding the right keywords are crucial to getting more views for your videos. There’s a bunch of Youtube Keyword Tools out there. This review wants to help you to find the best alternative on the market!
Learn 24 professional tips and tricks on how to get subscribers on YouTube quickly and the most common mistakes you will want to avoid.
YouTube thumbnails let viewers see a quick snapshot of your video as they're browsing YouTube. Learn how to create an eye-catching YouTube thumbnail that boosts viewership and is good for YouTube SEO. Follow these YouTube Thumbnails best practices.
How to use YouTube tags to get more views
Frequently Asked Questions
How many tags should be used?
Insert enough tags to describe your content, at least 5. Many tags will help you to achieve the goal to make YouTube understand your content but you should also set a limit of 15-20 tags to avoid an information overload for YouTube. So 5-8 tags, which precisely describe your topic are much better than 20+ tags, from which only half of them is related to your content.
How many words should a tag include?
Not too many and not too few. The golden mean is approximately about 2-3 words per tag. By combining topic related words instead of inserting single-word tags, you will have an ideal base. If you only use single-word phrases, YouTube won’t understand your content. Too long phrases are also suboptimal, since using too many of them would lead to an information overload. Of course, not every single tag has to contain 2-3 words, because sometimes a shorter or longer one is adequate, depending on the topic.
How to add tags?
There are two options to insert tags:
1. By using YouTube:
New video: YouTube will ask you to insert a title, a description and tags before you upload your video file.
Already uploaded video: You have also the option to insert tags later. Just log in, go to your account, click on video manager and select the video you want to edit. You will find the metadata and can add or change your tags.
2. By using a Keyword tool (highly recommended):
Depending on which tool you will use for your tags, the process will be different, but keyword tools have something in common: They make the tag finding and inserting much easier. You are also able to see how good a keyword is actually working and how much people are searching for it.
How to check tags on YouTube videos?
1. Go to the video page using Chrome, Firefox or Safari
2. For Chrome and Firefox: Right-click the page, and click on “View Source”. For Safari: Go to Preferences in the menu bar, go to the Advanced tab and then check the box “Show Develop menu in menu bar”, right click on the page and select “Show Page Source”
cmd ⌘ + Fand search for keywords in the source code.
4. This should take you to a list of the tags the Creator Studio used on that video.
5. The list should look like
<meta name="keywords" content="tag one, tag two, tag three, etc">
What are the best tags for YouTube?
Everything depends on your content. So basically there is no magic tag for every video out there, everyone should look for his own best tags. Research work is something you have to do, even before you think about uploading a video. What does my video want to tell the people? What do I want to achieve? What would I search if I had the same problem? Find the answer to these questions and get a better understanding of tags.
Tips for YouTube tags – Checklist
• Start with research work and brainstorming to find out relevant tags
• Choose tags that describe your topic best and are popular
• Combine different combinations of tags – use also plurals
• Use a YouTube keyword tool to be faster and to make your life easier
• Optimize your metadata to boost your views
Brainstorm your tags you want to use - in 5 steps
• Include brand tags: You want to rank for your own brand name and therefore have to mention it by combining it with words related to the video topic
• Include tags describing your content: What is your content all about? Describe it in some words and you have already some potential focus keywords
• Use YouTube Auto-Suggest: Just go to YouTube and start typing a keyword in the search box. As you type, you will get popular searches suggested to you by YouTube Suggest, which will help you to understand what users are searching.
• Analyze your competitors: You are not the only one who wants to rank for a specific keyword. Once you’ve found a keyword, be sure to check which other videos are related to that keyword and which content your competitors use?. Which formats are used and how long are these videos? What other keywords are used? These things will give you deeper insights into your own video.
• Use keyword tools: Last but not least to make your life easier – use Keyword tools (some of them are mentioned below), which will generate tags for you on-demand and show you which ones are generating the most traffic.
Which tools to use
You can use YouTube itself to choose some tags but for an ultimate tag mix, you should rather use some alternatives, with more options. There are many Keyword tools out there, which help you to quickly insert some good tags. The top 3 tools we highly recommend are:
You’ll find a bunch of other great free tools in our blog post ‘Youtube Keyword Tool Alternatives’, where one might be the right one for you.
Further video optimization to boost views
• Choose a great title, which attracts users and includes your focus keyword.
• By inserting some relevant tag in your description, the YouTube Algorithm will understand your content much easier and reward you with a higher ranking. Attention: Do not do tag-stuffing. The description should be read fluently.
• Thumbnails are seen before even watching the video content. An eye-catching thumbnail leads to more views. Check out our blog article “What is a Youtube Thumbnail?”, where you will find out how to create well-designed thumbnails for your videos in simple steps.
Video tags Dos:
• Brainstorm tags – you will for sure find many good ones
• Combine general and specific tags, which are related to your content
• Use keyword tools to improve your speed and performance
• Use enough tags but do not cause an information overload for YouTube
• Your most relevant tag should be your focus keyword
• Try to rank for tags, which are often searched
• You have an overview which tags are generating the most traffic
• Find out which YouTube tags are popular for your topic
Video tags Don´ts:
• Don´t do tag-stuffing, spamming is nothing you want to achieve
• Don’t use tags which are too general and not precise enough
• Don’t use the same tags for different videos too often, even if they are good
• Don’t just copy tags from your competitors, try to understand them
• Don´t insert names or words in your metadata that are not related to your video at all. You may receive a strike and your video will be removed